Congratulations to Maddison and Preston on their recent adoptions.... to date CPK Rescuers has rescued 282 CPK's and re-adopted 164 YAAAY!!!!

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Rescuer Peter's Story

          Hey there fellow CPK lovers. I'm Rescuer Peter. I wanted to take a minute to tell you my story about Bennet (my CPK )....  As you know from Rescuer Jen's Story about her CPK, Madeliene's Story . Jen and I started CPK Rescuers because of Madeliene and the love that she has given Jen for the last 29 years . I've grown so fond of Madeliene over the last couple years and thought this might be something  I would be interested in (a CPK of my own).


         While visiting a fund raiser/flea market in Bellingham, looking to rescue some CPK's we found 3 beautiful CPK's. Two girls and a boy. I instantly found myself quite attached to the boy CPK (Bennet). 


        I had never, in a million years, ever think I would have a "doll" !!! But this was different. Bennet gives great hugs and is always there for me when I'm having a difficult day. It only seemed right that I, as a Rescuer, have a CPK of my own. I just never, ever thought that he would mean as much as he does to me.


       Bennet has been a welcome addition to my life. He is my best friend, and never argues or talks back.... he just loves me unconditionally as I do him. Rescuer Jen and myself have since found homes for several of the CPK's at Headquarters to close family members, including my Mom who has terminal bone cancer and can always use hugs and cuddles . Please check out her story; Rita's Story


                                                         Mom with her CPK Nuller


       Since Mom's re-adoption of Nuller, we have also re-adopted CPK's to my Dad and 2 daughters as well as many many friends. They really do have special healing powers and give awesome hugs.


    
                                                 My daughter, Krystal with her CPK Liesl


                                                      Rescuer Peter with Bennet


                       So you see, it's not that strange for a grown man to have a CPK :)     

1 comment:

  1. Hi Uncle Peter! It's Kelsey, Melodie (and mommy),too!

    We loved your story (and your family's story, too!). You and Auntie Jen, are awesome and we all love you very much! We have a sister Melissa, that is Maddie's age! It's almost our birthday's and mom got us each a present and we are gonna have cake, too! We wish you all lived closer, and could celebrate with us! Much love to you and Bennett!!!
    Hugs!

    Kelsey, Melodie and Rachel xoxo

    ReplyDelete

back to top